Java 1.8_91 (Windows 10) - Online Installation Failure
Windows 10 64-bit users who visit www.java.com and try to install Java online are able download files, but cannot install latest version of Java (1.8_91).
When installing the newest version of Java (1.8_91; released 4/19) on Windows 10 64-bit there are issues with the online installer.
Installing with the online installer, Windows 10 will download the install script and begin to run it, then it will ask to click Install.
After clicking install, the installer stops and does not return.
- Go to http://www.java.com.
- Click See all Java Downloads (http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp)
- Click Windows Offline or Windows Offline (64-bit) depending on your operating system.
- Click Run (if Internet Explorer is your default browser), other wise download and run from downloaded location.
Installer will download entire file and install correctly.
- Go to www.java.coma and click on "Do I have Java?" link to verify your Java installation.