Campus Mailing Lists, Mass changes to Safe Senders or Blocked Senders lists
Mail list owners can control member post behavior with these settings.
How do I add a large number of email addresses to either the Safe Senders or Blocked Senders lists.
- Blocklist: Posts from these users are automatically rejected. The block list is used to exclude individuals or domains from posting to your mail list.
- Modlist: Posts from these users are automatically queued for moderation and a notification is sent the person who is listed as the moderator.
- Safelist: Posts from these users are automatically accepted and sent to the mail list subscribers.
- Blocklist has priority over Modlist and Modlist has priority over the Safelist. If an email address is listed in multiple locations then the appropriate priority will take precedent.
- If a moderator is not defined then the email from a person listed in modlist will be discarded. You can define a moderator from: (Admin) > Edit List Config > List definition and scroll to Moderators section
These settings are the same for each list type. Click on the appropriate list and follow the syntax rules which include:
- Only one email or expression per line.
- The # character designates a comment line.
- The * character is a wild card and matches any string.
- *@spammer-domain.com = match any sender from the "spammer-domain.com" domain.
- only one * character is permitted per line.
- Do not use vertical bar, square brackets, or angle brackets in the pattern.
The current blocklist contains 3 line(s)
# block all email from Russia