College of FAA, Services, Software, FileMaker Pro, Connecting to databases
Technology Services at FAA Services maintains several FileMaker Pro servers hosting databases for various college units.
Anyone connecting to a FileMaker Pro database on a remote host
How to set up a connection to a remote FileMaker Pro host:
- Open FileMaker Pro
- In the FileMaker Launch Center, select the 'Hosts' tab at the top center
- Click the 'plus' symbol in the lower left corner to add a favorite host
- In the Add Favorite Host dialogue, enter the host's internet address. Depending on which unit you're in and to which databases you'll connect, you'll enter one of the following:
- faa-filemaker6.faa.illinois.edu (KCPA)
- faa-filemaker7.faa.illinois.edu (KAM, Music, and others)
- Click 'Save'
- Now you should see the server listed on the left, and a list of hosted databases on the right.
- Double-click on a database to connect to it.
- Account Name: netID
- If this is a domain-bound university computer, you may be able to leave the Account Name field contents alone, using your name as it has been auto-populated. Otherwise, replace the contents with your netID.
- Password: Active Directory password (this is the same as your email password)
For general support please contact the Technology Services at FAA Help Desk.