College of FAA, Services, Email, Campus Mailing Lists - Sympa
This document provides basic information about the University of Illinois mailing list service (Sympa).
Owners and subscribers of campus mailing lists.
There are two mailing list sites for use within the College of Fine and Applied Arts.
- Please note that the terms ‘member’, ‘user’, and ‘subscriber’ are all interchangeable in the context of campus mailing lists.
- List owners within each unit will subscribe members to internal lists. To determine a list's owner(s):
- Go to https://mail.krannertcenter.illinois.edu
- Log in with your campus (@illinois.edu) email address and password
- If you know the name of the list, you may enter it in the 'Search lists' field on the left
- If you don't know the name of the list, you may select the 'List of lists' tab and browse alphabetically
- Once you've located the list, select it from the list, and you should see one or more owners listed by name or netID in the left sidebar
- Public-facing lists such as kcpa-intermezzo-l offer simple web-based subscription.
- Enter your email address and password.
- On the left side of the page you’ll see the lists you own or are subscribed to. The lists you are an owner for will have an ‘Admin’ button next to the list name. Select a list and click on the ‘Admin’ button to open the Owners configuration section for that list, where you’ll see a row of tabs for various options.
- Click on the ‘Manage Subscribers’ tab to access the primary subscriber view and other management tools.
- To add a user, enter the email address and click the ‘Add’ button. By default, the user will receive a welcome message for the mail list. If you don’t want to generate a welcome message, check the ‘Quiet’ box.
- To add multiple users, click the ‘Multiple Add’ button, add one email address per line, and click the ‘Add Subscribers’ button when done. Again, if you don’t want to generate the welcome message, check the ‘Quiet’ box.
- The ‘Manager Subscribers’ tab also lets you browse list membership, search for a particular subscriber by email address, and delete users.
- For a comprehensive guide to campus mailing lists, please see https://wiki.illinois.edu/wiki/display/maillists/Campus+Mailing+Lists+Users+Guide.