Networking, Wireless, How to manually setup IllinoisNet on Mac OS X
Manually configure IllinoisNet:
How to manually configure Mac OS X for IllinoisNet wireless.
1. Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar.
2. Select IllinoisNet.
3. An authentication window will open.
a. Mode: Automatic
b. Username: NetID
c. Password: AD password
d. Uncheck “Show password.”
e. Check “Remember this network.”
4. Click Join.
Change the order of preferred networks (Optional):
1. Open System Preferences.
2. Open Network.
3. Click Advanced.
4. In Preferred Networks, drag IllinoisNet to the top of the list.
5. Click OK.
6. Click Apply.
Note: If IllinoisNet was previously configured, or IllinoisNet_Guest did not work properly, you may need to remove a saved password from the Keychain:
1. Open Finder.
2. Select Applications.
3. In Applications, open Utilities.
4. Open Keychain Access.
5. Under the Logins keychain, select entries that refer to IllinoisNet and press the Delete key.
6. In the dialog box that opens, click Delete.
7. Close Keychain Access.
8. Go through the manual configuration steps for IllinoisNet.