College of FAA: Liaison Program
The Liaison Program promotes a personal connection from Technology Services at FAA to the Units of the College. It provides a person for you to talk to and ensures that your department's needs are being met.
Why do we need a liaison Program?
Prior to July 1st 2011, the units in the College of Fine and Applied Arts had dedicated IT staff to meet their day to day needs as well as help achieve strategic objectives. The current form and function of Technology Services at FAA changed the nature of support including both, who supports units daily tasks and how strategic vision is implemented.. It is not feasible for Technology Services at FAA to dedicate full time resources to each department. In order to provide the best service possible, including multiple new services, multiple people will be providing the service that one or two did in the past.
A common concern among Unit Executive Officers was they were not sure who would help them in selecting equipment, attending staff meetings, and someone who understood their needs enough to help recommend solutions. The purpose of the Liaison Program is to ensure that departments not only have the day to day support through Technology Services at FAA User Services, but also a person to communicate with directly.
What can my liaison do for me?
Your liaisons are here to help as much as possible. Below are examples of what they will do along with tasks they will not be able to perform.
- Attend faculty and/or staff meetings as needed
- Provide strategic updates to the department from IT as well as bring departmental concerns to IT
- Assist in product selection where needed, including recommendations for student purchased equipment
- Escalate any issues that may arise
Tasks Not Performed:
- Daily Maintenance and repair of IT Issues
- Ordering of IT Related supplies and equipment
- Installation, removal, or upgrade of software packages
Liaison by Unit:
- For general support please contact theTechnology Services at FAA Help Desk.
- Your liaison can be reached directly via Skype for Business or email via their @illinois.edu email address.