Illinois Compass 2g, Instructors, Online Test is Unavailable to Students
Instructors can consult this document when they receive reports that students cannot access an online test.
Instructors should always test the availability of an online test by using Student Preview. For more information on Student Preview mode please see:
If an instructor cannot access a test using Student Preview mode they can try to troubleshoot using the steps below:
- Check the exam availability by clicking the chevron to the right of the test name and clicking Edit the Test Preferences. Scroll down to Test Availability. The option for "Make the link available" should be toggled to "Yes." If you are limiting the date and time the test is available for, double check the "Display After" and "Display Until" fields.
- Check the Adaptive Release rules by clicking the chevron to the right of the test name and clicking Adaptive Release. There can be a variety of settings here that may cause a problem
- Is the Content Folder or Content Area where the test is located available to students?
- How to check if the Content Folder where the test is located is available to students:
- Below the title of the Folder there will be text displayed that says: “Availability: Item is not available." Click the chevron to the right of the folder and select Edit. Scroll down to the option "Permit Users to View this Content” and toggle this option Yes, then click Submit.
- How to check if the Content Area where the test is located is available to students:
- In the Course Menu, if there is an icon of a square with a line through it to the right of the link then the link to the Content Area is hidden from students. To show the link, click the chevron to the right and click Show Link.