ClassTech, Troubleshooting, Audio
Troubleshooting steps for audio issues in general assignment classrooms.
1) Ensure that the system is on by pressing Display On on the control panel or Start with Audio and Video on a pullout touchscreen. Wait 30-90 seconds for the Display On button to stop blinking, or the touch panel to stop counting down.
2) Turn the volume knob on the control panel all the way up to red, or unmute and turn up the volume control on the touchpanel.
- Volume Knob
- Touchpanel Volume
- Master Volume Knob
4) If using a laptop and VGA connection, make sure the audio cable is plugged into the laptop's headphone jack.
Note: If the instructor is using an HDMI connection (both on laptop and on the lectern) the headphone jack should NOT be plugged in. If the instructor is using an HDMI to VGA adapter (HDMI on laptop, VGA on lectern) the headphone jack must be used.
6) If using the resident PC and Windows Media Player, ask that the instructor use VLC media player instead as this may improve audio.
7) If playing YouTube, turn up YouTube's volume by hovering over the megaphone icon and adjusting the slide bar.
- Youtube Volume