ClassTech, Troubleshooting, DVD Player
Troubleshooting steps for DVD or Blu-Ray players in general assignment classrooms.
Get the caller's location and NetID.
- Open the cabinet door as far as it will go. If the cabinet door is closed, the system may shut down.
- Ensure that the DVD or Blu-Ray Player has been powered on. There should be a power button on the front of the player itself (the player is located in the Audio Visual rack).
- Ensure that the DVD Player or Blu-Ray Player source is selected on the Control Panel.
- If these steps do not work and there is a Classroom PC, ask the instructor to try using the disc drive.
- If using the resident PC, the instructor will have to open VLC Media Player (icon is an orange cone) and select Media>>Open Disc>>Play
Did this work?
Yes: Make a ticket in the Tech Services.Classroom Technologies.Lectern request area, use the TechSvcs-Help Desk group, Break/Fix Work Type, and you're the assignee. Then resolve the ticket.
No: Either go to the classroom yourself to provide assistance, or radio the other location if applicable. Make a ticket in the Tech Services.Classroom Technologies.Lectern request area, use the TechSvcs-Help Desk group, set it as Break/Fix, and assign it to the person who went to assist. If a technician is dispatched, make a ticket in the Tech Services.Classroom Technologies.Lectern request area, use the TechSvcs-ClassTech Technicians group, change it to Work Order Work Type, and assign it to Matt Sherer.
NOTE: You still must make a ticket (and assign it to Matt Sherer) for the technicians to check on the DVD Player at a later time if you get the instructor to use the resident PC.