ClassTech, Troubleshooting, Document Camera
[Doc 64030 is unavailable at this time.]
Troubleshooting steps for document camera issues.
The Document Camera in the classroom is not displaying an image.
- Is the system on?
- If they simply cannot unlock the drawer have them select the document camera source and wait to hear a click, then open the drawer.
- Is the light on the document camera power button red or blue?
- If it is red, press and hold until it turns blue.
- Is the image not showing at all, or just too dark?
- If the image is dark, have the instructor press the button on the document camera with a lightbulb symbol.
- If the image is still not showing:
- Make sure the rack is on
- Some systems (mostly in Wohlers and Mumford) have a small Kramer VS-311H switcher unit that the Document Camera is routed through. Make sure that this additional piece of the rack is switched on before calling a technician. See the photo below for reference.
If the image is still not showing, radio to Matt Sherer and make a ticket in the Tech Services.Classroom Technologies.Lectern request area, use the TechSvcs-ClassTech Technicians group, Work Order work type, and assign it to Matt Sherer.
If you are able to resolve the issue yourself, make a ticket in the Tech Services.Classroom Technologies.Lectern request area, use the TechSvcs-Help Desk group, Break/Fix work type, and you are the assignee.