ClassTech, Skype in the Classroom
How to assist an instructor with launching and using Skype on the resident PC in the classroom.
- Skype for Business is already installed on all classroom PCs (if an instructor needs to use the regular Skype client, they will either have to use a laptop with it installed, or the browser-based version of Skype)
- If an instructor wants to use Skype for Business they will need to provide their own USB microphone/camera in order to achieve full Skype capability.
- With no additions, the audio of the person Skyping in will be the only communication. The class will be able to hear the speaker, but will not be able to talk to them and the speaker will not be able to see the class.
- If they do not have a USB microphone/camera available, a good solution is to use the webcam on a laptop instead of the resident PC.
- To find Skype for Business on the classroom PC
- Click on the Windows start button in the lower left corner of the desktop.
- Select All Apps.
- Select Skype for Business 2016
USB Webcams are available on loan at the Undergraduate Library (https://www.library.illinois.edu/mc/lt/).