Digital Signage, Accessing Remote Desktop Server
Accessing Digital Signage Remote Desktop Server
Steps needed to access FWi Content Manager Desktop using a remote desktop application.
*NOTE* The FourWinds system will be upgrade in early January, 2020. At that time a new server will replace the current remote desktop server. While the server address below will remain the same, instructions will be slightly different for making the initial connection to Content Manager Desktop.More information to come.
From a Remote Desktop client (such as Remote Desktop Connection in Windows or Microsoft Remote Desktop in OS X):
- Open a remote connection to remote.signage.illinois.edu
- When prompted, login using your NetID and Password (for first time users, it will take a few seconds to create a user profile)
- If you have previously logged into the server, proceed to step 8. If you are a first time user, the connection for FourWinds will need to be established first.
- Open Content Manager Desktop from the shortcut on the desktop
- Wait for Content Manager to open, and then close all open windows to exit the application
- Double-click on either FWi Setup or FWi Setup Engineering (if you work in the Grainger College of Engineering)
- Follow on the on-screen prompts to create the connection
- Open Content Manager again, which should now be configured and displaying your unit folder