Digital Signage, FWi Content Manager First Time Setup
Steps needed to set up new Content Manager users after first login.
After Logging into the Digital Signage Remote Desktop Server:
- Launch FWi Content Manager by double-clicking the desktop icon
- The first time CM is run the Content Manager Setup Wizard will appear
- Close this wizard – it is more straightforward to not use it
- From the File Menu, select Open.
- Click the New Button and choose Database Connection
- In Connection Properties:
- In the Server Name field, enter cites-signagedb.ad.uillinois.edu.
- Leave the default authentication method - “Use Windows NT Integrated Security.”
- From the database selection pulldown, select your signage database and click OK.
If you are unsure which database to open, contact your departmental signage service contact or the service administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The database should now be in your connection list.
- If the database has been preconfigured, a + sign will appear next to the name (The + sign sometimes take a few seconds to appear, please be patient.)
- Click on the + sign next to your database to expand the selection
- Select University of Illinois and click Open
Your FWi database should now be open and ready to use!
This database will automatically open in the future