Digital Signage, Accessing File Share
Information about the digital signage file share.
Digital Signage File Share:
- The file share used to store content for the Digital Signage Service can be accessed from within the Remote Desktop Session or from a workstation.
- Each department has access to their own folder.
- In the Remote Desktop Session the S: \ drive is mapped automatically.
Connecting from your workstation:
- The method of connecting from a departmental workstation may vary based upon the platform and configuration.
- The general concept is to map a drive to the resource path \\digisign-fs.cites.illinois.edu\data using your active directory credentials.
- If you need assistance, it is best to work with your local IT Support first.
Notes on File Transfers:
- There are ways to eliminate the need to map to the file share from your local workstation.
- Some Remote Desktop clients support copy and paste of files from your local machine into the remote desktop environment. This is “my” preferred method.
- If you are a user of Box, it should be possible to place your files on box and then access them from within the remote desktop session- saving them into your folder on the S:\ drive.