Excel - Cannot Open Downloaded File
When attempting to download and open an Excel file (*.xls) from the web browser, Excel opens, but the file does not display. For instance, when trying to open an *.xls file attachment from a Service Desk Manager ticket.
- Save the Excel file to your Downloads folder
- Right-click the Excel file and select Properties
- Click the Unblock button, then OK
- Open the Excel file by double clicking it.
- If prompted with this warning message, click Yes
What causes this issue?
Microsoft released patch KB3115262 as part of a security update released on July 12, 2016. It is recommended you leave this patch installed so your computer remains secure.