Illinois Compass 2g, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Illinois Compass 2g offers a new version of Blackboard Collaborate that allows participants to participate in web conferences and real-time collaboration.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is the newest version of Blackboard Collaborate. Compass 2g course owners can use Blackboard Collaborate Ultra by going to Course Tools > Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. See Illinois Compass 2g, Instructors, Create a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Session for more info on creating a link for students to access.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra does not have all the features of Blackboard Collaborate "Classic." For its ease of use, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra may be the best choice for basic online collaboration such as group work, class lectures, or online office hours.
- Application Sharing (via Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox)
- File Sharing (Powerpoint and PDF)
- Session Recording
- Breakout Rooms
- Runs in an Internet Browser and does not require Java
- 250 participant limit
- Hosting an Application Share can only be done from Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. All browsers can view the Application Share.
- From within Illinois Compass 2g, the Course Administrator Role does not have the ability to modify or create Ultra sessions within Compass. Course Administrators also join Ultra Sessions as a Participant.
- Illinois Compass 2g courses that are copied do not include any changes made within the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra tool. Any additionally created or modified Ultra rooms or room settings are not retained in course copies. Course copies are built with the default Blackboard Collaborate Ultra room with the default settings.
See the links below for more information:
Moderator guide: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator
Participant guide: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Participant
Mobile App Bb Student: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Participant/Collaborate_in_Bb_Student