122 Bevier Hall - Blackboard Collaborate Audio Setup
When teaching a class with Blackboard Collaborate in 122 Bevier Hall, you may need to set up the audio through the built-in wizard. If the online students can't hear you, follow the steps in this guide.
For the Bevier 122 Classroom, these are the steps to follow when you're setting up the Audio and Mic in Collaborate:
1. Launch the Audio Wizard. There is a small microphone and red gear icon in the top-left section of the online room.
2. Select the "Crestron Main" option an click "OK." No other options will work.
3. Click the "Play" button to listen for sound.
4. If the sound plays through the classroom speakers, you're ready to move to the next step. Click "Yes" in the confirmation window.
Note: If the classroom speakers don't play back sound at this point, try restarting the system from the touch panel and restarting the computer, then run through the wizard again.
5. Next, choose the "Speakerphone (AV Bridge CONFERENCE)" option for mic input. Even if it is already selected, click it again, then click "OK."
6. It's time to test the mic input. Click "Record" and speak for a few seconds at normal volume. You should see green bars moving; that means the mic can hear you. Click "Stop" after you've recorded a test sentence.
7. Click the "Play" button to listen for the recording you just made.
8. If you heard yourself on the test playback, you're all set. Click "OK" to confirm, and the setup wizard will close.
Note: if sound is still not playing back, or if the Crestron is not available as an option, switch the power off and on at the Surge device in the cabinet behind the podium, under the counter.
If the above doesn't work, or if you have any other issues with the 122 Bevier Classroom, please contact ACES Admin IT at:
217-244-0477 (Help Desk)
Or visit Andrea Ray in the Ag Ed Main Office, 174 Bevier, and she will reach out to Admin IT.