College of FAA, Services, Printing, PaperCut Client Installation
This article provides information on installing the PaperCut Client application on personally owned or Self-/Semi-Managed computers.
- Personally owned computers running Windows or OS X
- Self-/Semi-Managed computers running Windows or OS X
- Customers in FAA that wish to print to PaperCut-managed network print queues (e.g., in computer labs).
The PaperCut Client app (PCClient) can provide useful feedback to the customer when they print to PaperCut-managed network print queues. For example, when the customer sends a job to a printer that charges for jobs, the PCClient will notify the customer that their job is held in a hold/release queue until they confirm the charges and authorize the print job to be released. The PCClient app also provides a double-clickable link for the PaperCut User Web Interface, which contains the release page. Additionally, it allows customers with access to shared accounts to select these for the funding source when printing. The app also displays the customer's current aggregate personal account balance.
Download and Install
The PaperCut Client app for FAA was last updated on May 16, 2014. The most recent versions are available from UofI Box. To install, download the appropriate installer and do the following:
- Macintosh OS X (10.7 - 10.9) - Open the DMG file that you have downloaded by double-clicking it. Copy the PCClient.app to your Applications folder.
- Microsoft Windows (7 or 8) - Double-click the zip file that you have downloaded to access the installer. Then double-click the msi installer and follow the instructions that are presented.
Tips for Usage
Please keep the following in mind as you use the PaperCut Client app:
- You must be on campus or connected to the campus VPN for the PaperCut Client to connect to the PaperCut system.
- Customers will be asked to authenticate with their NetID and Active Directory password each time they launch the PaperCut Client app.
To remove the PaperCut Client app, please do the following:
- Macintosh OS X - Go to /Applications and drag PCClient.app to the trash.
- Microsoft Windows - Access "Programs and Features" via the Control Panel and select it from the list, then click "Uninstall".
- Customers of Semi-Managed or Fully Managed computers can create an Technology Services at FAA Help Request to have the software installed on their computers remotely.
- General information about printing in FAA from Technology Services at FAA.
- For general support please contact the Technology Services at FAA Help Desk.