Illinois Compass 2g, Creating Self-Enrollment Groups
How to create a self-enrollment group in Illinois Compass 2g
Self-Enrollment Groups allow students to use a sign-up sheet in order to join a Group themselves. You can make sign-up sheets available to students on the Groups Page or by adding a link to a Content Area.
- On the Control Panel Menu, under Users and Groups, select Groups.
- On the Groups page, click Create Group Set on the Action Bar to access the drop-down list.
- Select Self-Enroll.
- On the Create Self-Enrollment Group page, enter a Name and optional Description.
- To make the Group Available, select the Yes radio node.
- Select the checkbox for Module Personalization Setting to allow students to add personal modules to the Group Homepages and/or reorder.
- From the Sign-Up options area, enter a sign-up sheet name and instructions.
- Then enter the Maximum Number of Members, and select other Member options.
- Click Submit.
The table below explains the options for Self-Enrollment Groups and Sign-up Sheets.
|Group Availability||Controls whether or not students can access the Group after enrollment:
|Name of Sign-up Sheet||Use a descriptive name so users will understand the nature of the Sign-up Sheet.|
|Instructions||This field is optional, and can provide information in addition to the Group description.|
|Maximum Number of Members||Let students know how many are allowed to join. Once this number has been reached, other users may not join the Group.|
|Show Members||Allow users to see existing members before they sign up.|
|Allow Students to sign-up from the Groups Area||This option automatically adds the sign-up sheet to the Groups Page.
If you use this option, be sure a Groups link is available in the
Course Menu or in a Content Area to provide student access.
If this option is not selected, the sign-up sheet is unavailable to students until the instructor adds a link to the sign-up sheet.