Illinois Compass 2g, Problems connecting with Respondus
Occasionally users will experience issues connecting to Compass using Respondus even if they are sure they're typing their credentials in correctly. Below are some steps to take to resolve the problem.
1. Make sure Respondus is up to date:
- Right-click on Respondus and select "Run as Administrator"
- Go to Help>Check for Update, if update is detected then install the update
- Repeat these steps until you receive a message that says "No update needed. This is the latest version"
- Try connecting to Compass to see if this resolves the issue
2. Launch Internet Explorer and have it running in the background while trying to connect to Compass.
3. Create a new profile to connect to Compass using pre-configured settings. See Illinois Compass 2g, Use Respondus to Retrieve Test Questions