iOS 10 (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) - AITS VPN keeps disconnecting
As of September 20, 2016, Apple has released operating system upgrades to iOS 10 (for iPhones and iPads) which removes software support for older VPN technologies used for connecting to the AITS VPN Server. In order to continue connecting to the AITS VPN Server, Apple users within University Administration will need to configure their iPhones, iPads, and Macs to connect using a newer VPN technology known as Internet Key Exchange version 2, or simply IKEv2.
IMPORTANT: For best results you must follow these steps to download a personalized VPN profile. Manually configuring an IKEv2 profile instead of downloading the AITS VPN profile below will cause your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to disconnect from the VPN after 8 minutes due to missing settings that are needed.
- Click here to download your personalized VPN profile named AITS-VPN-IKEv2.mobileconfig (authentication required).
- You will be prompted to install the AITS VPN Profile. Tap the blue Install command at the top right corner of the screen to begin.
- In order to modify your iPhone or iPad device configuration, Enter your iPhone or iPad Passcode when prompted. Tap the blue Done command at the top right corner of the screen to continue.
- Tap the blue Install command at the top right corner of the screen to accept warning messages pertaining to VPNs and profiles.
- Enter your Active Directory account password and tap the blue Next command at the top right corner of the screen to continue. You will be asked to perform this step twice (once for each AITS VPN Server).
- To complete the installation, tap the blue Done command at the top right corner of the screen.
- You can now select which AITS VPN Server you prefer and connect to the VPN by taping on the Status toggle button under Settings > VPN.