Help Desk, Request for Help Desk Tools Access
This request provides authorized IT OU Admins with access to tools used by Technology Services to assist in completing customer requests.
A new initiative has been implemented in an effort to provide access to the Technology Services Help Desk Tools to additional IT Personnel in order to enable more support teams to better complete their own requests.
Currently, only the Technology Services Help Desk, internal service managers, and a select group of Distributed IT Professionals have access to the following tools utilized by the Help Desk.
- Active Directory (AD) Tools: (https://webmail.illinois.edu/ADTools/)
- Cerebro: (https://cerebro.cites.illinois.edu/)
- Box Team Folder Creation Tool: (https://box-tools.techservices.illinois.edu/)
As not all of these tools have dedicated support teams for maintenance/repair, participating members must agree to several guidelines prior to receiving access. The full list of requirements can be accessed via the webtools form below. Here are some of the requirements.
- Tool access will be provided only to those who are OU administrators for their respective areas of responsibility
- Tools will be used "as is" and may not receive support for errors encountered or tasks unable to completed due to malfunction or lack of availability of the tool.
- Tool access may be revoked at any time by request of service managers, due to improper use/abuse, if use of the tool as a negative impact systems rely on, or if upgrades/alternative tools become available that render these obsolete.
IT Pros must request access via the webtools form: http://go.illinois.edu/techservicestools. This generates an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a ticket is created in the Technology Services Help Desk.