Known Error, Networking, Wireless, Cannot connect to IllinoisNet after updating iOS or OSX
This page describes a known issue with the latest updates to Mac OS X "Sierra" and iOS preventing devices configured with the IllinoisNet profile from connecting to IllinoisNet wireless.
Since updating your Apple computer or mobile device to the latest version of Mac OS X (10.12.1) or iOS (10.1), you have been unable to connect to IllinoisNet wireless despite being able to connect to IllinoisNet before the update.
The current workaround is to remove the saved IllinoisNet network and profile and then connect to IllinoisNet manually. To do this on Mac OS X:
- Go to System Preferences
- Select Network
- Under Network screen, please select Airport/Wi-Fi, and then click Advanced.
- Under the Airport/Wi-Fi tab, select IllinoisNet network so that it is highlighted, then click the minus (-) icon to remove the saved network. Then click OK.
- Return to the System Preferences screen.
- Select Profiles
- Click on the IllinoisNet profile so that it is highlighted, then click the minus (-) icon to remove the selected profile
- Manually connect to IllinoisNet using the following instructions: Networking, Wireless, How to manually setup IllinoisNet on Mac OS X
To do this on iOS:
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Tap the blue arrow (>) next to the IllinoisNet network name.
- Choose Forget this Network.
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles
- Select the IllinoisNet profile so that it is highlighted, then select Remove
- If asked, enter your device’s security PIN number
- Manually connect to IllinoisNet using the following instructions: Networking, Wireless, How to manually set up IllinoisNet on the iPhone/iPad
Our wireless vendor has updated the profile with a version that supports the newest versions of OS X and and iOS. The above workaround will continue to work, or you can download and install the new profile. To do this, follow steps 1-7 (OS X) or 1-6 (iOS) above, then connect using the following instructions: