Illinois Compass 2g, Instructors, Create a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Session
Instructions for creating and configuring a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session in Compass 2g. Instructions include creating a guest link to invite off-campus users.
- Ensure that Edit Mode is toggled in the On position in the upper right corner
- Click the plus sign in the upper left corner of the course menu and select Tool Link:
- Type a name in the Name field such as "Live Session," select Blackboard Collaborate Ultra from the drop down, and tick the checkbox to make it available to students, then click Submit:
- Click on the link just created to go to the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra page, you and your students can click Join Room to join the Course Room and begin using Blackboard Collaborate. The Course Room is always available unless it is disabled. Click the icon on the far right to disable the Course Room or Edit the settings of the Course room. You Can click Create Session to schedule a session that will be available only for a select times:
- When you edit the settings you can choose what permissions students have when they participate in the Live Session. You can also enable Guest Access which will provide you a link to the session that you can send to users who are off campus or those without access to Compass:
Instructions and details on Moderating Blackboard Collaborate Ultra sessions can be found here: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator