Illinois Compass 2g, Student App
Students have a new mobile app to access Compass.
Blackboard has released a mobile app, the Blackboard app, for students to access their Illinois Compass 2g course content. The Blackboard app replaces the previous app, Mobile Learn. The Blackboard app includes many new and enhanced features to improve the experience of accessing Compass courses from mobile devices.
Note: The Blackboard app is for students only; instructors should use the Blackboard Instructor app.
- Activity Stream - The first page of the app, the stream shows newest announcements, course content, tests, assignments, discussions, grades, and what is due. Items are prioritized by importance and due date, so the most important course items are presented as soon as you log into the app.
- Course List - A full timeline of past and present Compass courses is displayed, and you can hide current courses you do not need to view regularly.
- Course Homepage - Your Compass course content is presented in an outline that is optimal for viewing on a mobile device. Due dates are highlighted with red text, time stamps of submitted files are included, as well as reminders of impending tests, quizzes, or assignments.
- Course Content - The Blackboard app displays all course content including PowerPoints, PDFs, Excel files, and multimedia files. All content can be accessed with from within the app.
- Due Dates - All upcoming assignments and tests with a corresponding due date from each of your Compass courses can be viewed in one place. Content is color coded by course and grouped by day and week, so you can quickly see what is due when and prioritize your work.
- Tests and quizzes - The Blackboard app displays test instructions, number of allowed attempts, time limits, and other relevant test information. After you have submitted your assessment, you can view your grade and any instructor-provided feedback.
- Grades - The grades page has color-coded grades for each of your courses in one convenient location. You can tap an individual grade to see its content and to view any feedback.
- Discussions - You can participate in course discussions, read and respond to your classmates' responses, and view the number of replies to individual threads directly within the Blackboard app.
- Collaborate - You can participate in real-time video conferencing, virtual office hours, group chat, or share a whiteboard and files using app to access the Ultra version of Collaborate.
Download and Install Blackboard App
Your phone needs one of these operating systems to run Blackboard app:
The Blackboard app is available for free for University students. Click the links included here to download the Blackboard app from the iTunes Store, Google Play, or the Windows Store. Once you have downloaded and installed the Blackboard app, search for "University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign." Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
Blackboard App Student Documentation: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Bb_Student
Blackboard App Quick Start: https://help.blackboard.com/Blackboard_App/Student/Quick_Start
Feature Guide: https://help.blackboard.com/Blackboard_App/Student/Feature_Guide