Kaltura, Record a Quick Video with Kaltura Personal Capture
Kaltura Personal Capture allows you to record a video quickly and easily with your WebCam and upload it to Kaltura.
Users should install and use Kaltura Personal Capture. This can be done in the same way that CaptureSpace was installed, by choosing "Kaltura Personal Capture" from the "Add New" menu at mediaspace.illinois.edu, or when using Kaltura from inside Compass or Moodle.
- Launch Kaltura Personal Capture. Log in to mediaspace.illinois.edu, of access your media through Illinois Compass 2g, or Learn@Illinois Moodle. Click the Add New button in the upper-right and choose Kaltura Personal Capture from the drop-down menu. If you haven't installed this yet, you will be asked to choose your operating system, Windows or Mac and download the client.
- You can record using a WebCam and also capture your screen.
- Hit the red button to start recording.
- After you "Stop" the recording, you can enter a Name for the video, which is required, and a Description.
- “Save” will make a local copy. "Save and Upload" will send the video to My Media.