Endpoint Services, Sophos, Manual Installation and Uninstallation
How to install and uninstall Sophos manually
Getting the Installer
The Sophos installer can be found here: http://go.illinois.edu/MacAV.
To install Sophos manually on a Mac, follow these steps:
- Download the SophosInstall.zip file to the Mac.
- If the zip archive does not extra itself automatically, double-click it to extract. It should result in a SophosInstall folder.
- Enter the extracted SophosInstalled folder and double-click the “Sophos Installer.app” inside.
- Click on “Install” in the lower right-hand corner of the installer app.
- Enter the Username and Password for an administrator account for the computer and click “OK”.
- The installer will now connect to the Sophos Cloud and download, verify, and install the latest version of the Sophos Anti-Virus.app, then register the app with the Sophos Cloud and allow it to be configured.
- When you see see a window with one large green checkmark next to “Success” and three smaller checkmarks, Sophos is completely installed (see “Sophos manual installation-7.tiff”). You can down click “Quit” in the lower-right corner.
- You can now conveniently interact with Sophos using the Sophos icon on the Menu-Bar.
To uninstall Sophos on a Mac, follow these steps:
- Navigate to /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/ in the Finder. This can be achieved by clicking on the Finder icon on the Dock, going to the Go menu at the top of the screen and selecting “Go to Folder…”, then pasting in “/Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/“ and clicking “Go”.
- Run the “Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.app”, following the steps offered in the uninstaller and entering credentials for a computer administrator account when prompted.