Skype for Business, Updating Skype for Business Office 365 Versions
If your Office 365 version of Skype for Business has not updated to the most current version, you can manually force it to update. This process cannot be done directly through Skype for Business and will manually update on all of your Office 365 desktop applications (including Skype for Business).
This article contains the necessary steps for forcing the Office 365 version of Skype for Business to update to the most current version.
- Open any of the Microsoft Office applications that you have installed as part of your Office 365 subscription (except Skype for Business), and click on the File menu at the top left.
- Click on the Account menu option, and then on the Update Options button.
- Click on the Update Now option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Your updates will begin downloading in the background. You can continue working with your Microsoft applications while this process takes place.
- If the updating process requires you to close any applications, a notification will appear to give you the option of how to proceed. Closing the applications listed yourself, and saving your work is the recommended option. Once you’ve done that, click the Try Again button so that the updates can proceed.
- The update process will then continue, after which your computer will have the latest versions and updates for your Microsoft Office 365 desktop software, including Word, Outlook, Excel and Skype for Business.
For instructions on updating your Skype for Business client that was not obtained through Office 365, please see this article Skype for Business, Minimum Client Versions Required