College of FAA: FourWinds, Remote Desktop and File Server Connections (Windows 7/8 & Mac OS)
This will provide a tutorial for new users of the CITES Digital Signage management system on how to connect to necessary tools and remote desktops.
- FourWinds Digital Signage System
- Editors/Administrators of Digital Signage Displays
Remote Desktop Connection to CITES FourWinds PC (for content management):Windows:
- Navigate to Start -> search for "Remote" and open Remote Desktop Connection. Or search for "mstsc.exe".
- Input "sign-red.cites.illinois.edu" without the quotes into the "Computer" field. Click Connect.
- When the authentication box comes up, input "uofi\NetID" and your AD password. If you are not able to access the server, a request for access will need to be sent to your Digital Signage technical contact.
Mac OS X:
- Start "Microsoft Remote Desktop.app" from your Applications folder. Click on New to create a new remote connection.
- The Connection Name is the "pretty name" - I would suggest "Digital Signage". The PC name is "sign-red.cites.illinois.edu".
- If you wish, you can enter UOFI\NetID and your password here, or it will prompt you if not.
- Change the full-screen and resolution settings to match your system. Some prefer to run the remote connection in a Windowed mode at a lower resolution than the local machine.
Connecting to the Digital Signage File Server:Windows:
- Go to Start -> Right click on "Computer" -> Map Network Drive
- In "Folder" put in "\\digisign-fs.cites.illinois.edu\data".
- If prompted for credentials, input uofi\NetID and your AD password.
Mac OS X:
- Open Finder. Click Go -> Connect to Server.
- Input "smb://digisign-fs.cites.illinois.edu" without the quotes into the server address field. Click Connect and input uofi\NetID and your AD password.
- When it asks which volume you would like to mount, click Data.