JNLP - How to Launch Banner Forms (Windows) (Internet Explorer 11)
Would you like to know how to use an Internet Explorer browser to run Banner forms in Windows?
Use this link below and watch this video to learn how to run Banner Forms in an Internet Explorer 11 browser on your Windows computer using JNLP (Java Network Launch Protocol).
- Latest version of Internet Explorer 11 browser
- Latest version of Java 8 for Windows
Steps to use JNLP (Java Network Launch Protocol) with Internet Explorer 11 browser on Windows:
- Use link (Banner Forms Link using JNLP) to login to Banner Forms.
- Message appears: "Do you want to open or save uofi_banner.jnlp (2.65 kb) from bannerforms.apps.uillinois.edu?"
- Depending on your Java settings a Security prompt may appear.
Check the box to suppress this message for future connections and click OK to continue.
- A downloaded file called uofi_banner.jnlp will download to your C:\downloads folder.
- Banner Forms will open.
You may close the Internet Explorer 11 browser if needed, the Java form will continue to display until closed.
NOTE: Users may see many files in their download folder from previous logins to Banner and may need to clean out their folder from older file downloads. Opening older files will not open Banner Forms as the credentials for these files will expire.