Learn@Illinois Moodle - Managing Email from Forums
Depending on how forums are set up by an instructor, you may or may not automatically receive an email each time something is posted. You can control these emails by changing your forum subscriptions and how often you receive emails from the forums you are subscribed to.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleForumEmail
Subscribing or Unsubscribing to Emails from a Forum
- Click the forum.
- If you are allowed to make changes to your subscription, blue links will appear below the subscription type. Here are the possible subscription options:
- Optional subscription. You wonât get emails from this forum unless you subscribe to it. Click to this link to subscribe to forum emails.
- Forced subscription. You will automatically get emails from this forum and cannot unsubscribe from it.
Note: If you think your instructor has chosen this option in error, please contact them.
- Automatic subscription. You will automatically get emails from this forum unless you unsubscribe from it. Click on the link to unsubscribe from forum emails.
- Subscription is disabled. You canât get emails from this forum.
Changing How Often You Receive Emails from Forum Subscriptions
- In the upper right-hand corner of the course homepage, click your profile box and select Preferences.
- Under the "User account" section, select Forum Preferences.
- Use the "Email digest type" drop-down list to manage how often you receive forum emails.
The options are described below:
No Digest (recommended) â receive an email each time someone posts to a forum to which you are subscribed
Complete â receive an email each day with the contents of each post in forums you are subscribed to that day.
Subjects â receive an email each day with only the subject names of each post in forums you are subscribed to that day.
Note: If you choose the âCompleteâ or âSubjectsâ options, you may not receive an important course announcement (such as class cancellation) in a timely manner.