Learn@Illinois Moodle - Adding Users
This guide helps instructors add students manually to their course site.
- To begin, go to the Administration block and expand Users.
- Select Enrolled users.
- Click the Enroll users button on the right side of the screen.
- From the "Assign roles" drop-down menu, choose the correct option.
- Using the search box under "Enrollment options", search for a user to be enrolled in the course by their name or username (NetID).
- Click the Enroll button next to the correct search result.
- Continue using the search box for every user you want to enroll in the course site.
- Click the Finish enrolling users button.
Note: If a user does not appear in the search results, it likely means that their account has not been created. Please ask the user to log into https://learn.illinois.edu so that their account will be created in the system. The user can then be added to a course site. If the user is not a part of the University of Illinois system, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: Manually enrolling a student on a Moodle course will not automatically add them to the course on Banner.