Learn@Illinois Moodle - Adding Users
This guide helps instructors add students manually to their course site.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleAddingUsers
Generally, students are enrolled automatically into their courses' Moodle sites, within 48 hours of registering for the class on Banner. Manual enrollment allows instructors to adjust permissions for teaching assistants and additional instructors/administrators. You can also use it to expedite access for students who add the course late.
- To begin, go to the Administration block and expand Users.
- Select Enrolled users.
- Click the Enroll users button on the right side of the screen.
- From the "Assign roles" drop-down menu, choose the correct option.
- Using the search box under "Enrollment options", search for a user to be enrolled in the course by their name or username (NetID).
- Click the Enroll button next to the correct search result.
- Continue using the search box for every user you want to enroll in the course site.
- Click the Finish enrolling users button.
Note: If a user does not appear in the search results, it likely means that their account has not been created. Please ask the user to log into https://learn.illinois.edu so that their account will be created in the system. The user can then be added to a course site. If the user is not a part of the University of Illinois system, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: Manually enrolling a student on a Moodle course will not automatically add them to the course on Banner.