Learn@Illinois Moodle - Embedding a Video Using Code
This articles details how to embed a video into Moodle using the embed code.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleEmbedVideo
There are many ways to insert a video, but the most common way is by inserting an embed code.
Note: Due to security policies, students may not be able to embed videos using the embed code. In this case, they should use Illinois Media Space instead.
Getting the Embed CodeAn embed code is different than a web link. A web link begins with "https://" while embed code will begin with "<iframe>".
- Click the Share button.
- Click the Embed tab.
- Copy the code in the window.
Note: Before copying, you can specify a start time on an individual video or a start video on a playlist of videos here by clicking on the "Start at" checkbox and entering in the start time.
- Click on the share button.
- Copy the code in the embed window.
Note: By clicking "+Show options" above the Embed textbox, you can choose from multiple options before copying the code to get exactly what you want.
Adding the Embed Code Using the Moodle Text Editor
- If your editing tools are not already expanded, click the Toolbar Toggle button.
- You will need to insert the code into the HTML. To access the HTML, click the Edit HTML source button.
- Paste the embed code in the desired location and click the Update button.