Learn@Illinois Moodle - Making Workshop More Automatic
You can set up the Workshop activity so that it moves automatically from the submission to the assessment phase, starts automatically on a desired date, and automatically allocates submissions.
Automating Phases in Workshop
- Click on the Workshop activity.
- In the Administration block on the left-hand side, click Edit settings.
- Click Availability to expand the section.
- Click the "Enable" checkboxes and set the open and deadline dates for the submission and assessment phases (see image below).
- Be sure to check the "Switch to the next phase after the submissions deadline" checkbox.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save and display button.
- On the main Workshop page, you will need to click the light bulb in the "Submission phase" in order to allow the submission phase to begin automatically on the "Open for submissions from" date (see image below in the following section).
Automating Submission Allocation
- In the Submission phase section, click Allocate submissions.
- Click the Scheduled allocation tab on the far right (see image below).
- Click the checkbox to the left of "Automatically allocate submissions at the end of the submission phase" (see image below).
- Click Allocation settings to expand the section and choose the desired options (see image below).
- Click the Save changes button.
- The Workshop activity will now run on its own until the end of the assessment phase.
Note: Closing the activity will result in the calculated grades appearing in the gradebook. Additionally, students will be able to view their submissions and assessments.