Munki, How do I access reporting in Munki?
Introduction to Munki's reporting capabilities via MunkiReport.
MunkiReport is a reporting service for endpoints managed with Munki. It provides a quick overview of your mac fleet through various dashboards and reports.
Data you can find in the default report
- how many clients (endpoints) are active and inactive
- recent events—such as warnings and installs—as well as the time of warning relative to the time the Dashboard was last reloaded
- current status indicators including SMART (for locally-connected storage volumes), FileVault & Time Machine usage, and warranty information where available
- how many of each type of managed endpoint hardware are in the managed set of endpoints, which OS versions are managed on those endpoints, which versions of Munki are in-use, and which endpoints are bound to a directory (Active Directory, in this case)
- pending actions on endpoints (such as pending installs and uninstalls)
Each section of the report is in a rectangle with a label ("SMART status", "Time Machine", "Hardware age", and so on) and a small icon to the right of the label. Select that icon for a paginated listed of information about the relevant endpoints summarized in that section. Selecting the icon next to "Free Disk Space", for example, shows a list of endpoints where you can get more detail including:
- see a table listing per-endpoint free disk space and sort that table by any column header
- change the query (in the upper-right corner) and produce different results in realtime as you type
- export the table in Microsoft Excel or CSV format
- copy the table to the clipboard for use elsewhere
- print the table
Select a particular endpoint's name to get still more information about that endpoint, control that endpoint remotely (subject to authentication), or see other details about that endpoint (such as installed fonts, details about the attached displays, and which applications are used most frequently).
Changing the MunkiReport user interface
Across the top of the MunkiReport UI you'll find a shortcut to get back to the Dashboard, a menu listing all of the available reports, a menu with each endpoint listing (detail about each endpoint), a funnel icon for specifying which set of endpoints you want to work with (particularly useful if you're a member of multiple units), a wrench icon to set the user interface theme, a world icon to set the user interface language, and your NetID which is a menu where you can find the link to log out.