Adding and Editing Career Path Pages
How to create a Career Path content type in Drupal.
An example career paths navigation bar from the history department site.
Career Paths are pages that show up in a navigation bar directly below the image slideshow on the your department's homepage.
Adding a New Career Path PageYou must be logged in as an Editor role or higher to add Career Path Pages
- Under the Manage menu at the top of your page, click the Content option
- Click the blue + Add Content button just below the content heading
- Click Career Path on the list of available Content Types.
- Complete the following fields
- Title - The Title will appear at the top of your page in large text and under the icon in the career paths navigation bar on your department's homepage. The title in particular will also be picked up by Search Engines so choose a title that accurately describes your page.
- Description - The Body is basically the rest of the page. You can use the format toolbar to add bullets, tables, images, links, and files as well as basic formatting. For more information about formatting body content, see the Text Formatting in Drupal page.
- Icon - Below the description form is a set of icons you can choose from. This is the icon that will show up in the career paths navigation bar.
- Order - This is the order in which the new career path you are adding will appear in the career paths navigation bar. Note, you can only select 1-6 because the career paths navigation bar is only wide enough to contain 6 career paths. If 7 career paths exist, only 6 will be shown.
- Click the Preview button to see what your page will look like
- Click the Back to Content Editing button at the top of the page to come back to make changes or save your page.
- Click the Save button to save your changes