Adding and Editing a new Highlighted Course Page
How to create and edit a Highlighted Course Page.
Highlighted course pages can be listed on the front page to highlight popular courses or to promote interest in less popular courses. The contents of pages are open ended allowing you to add images, embed videos, or anything else that you can add to other pages on the site. Currently course information is not automatically loaded into the system.
Adding a New Highlighted Course Page
- Under the Manage menu at the top of your page, click the Content option
- Click the blue + Add Content button just below the content heading
- Click Highlighted Course Page on the list of available Content Types.
- Complete the following fields
- Course Number - The four letter department name and 3 letter course number, for example LING 100
- Course Title - The Title will appear at the top of your page in large text. The title in particular will also be picked up by Search Engines so choose a title that accurately describes your page.
- Course Description - The Course Description is basically the rest of the page. You can use the format toolbar to add bullets, tables, images, links, and files as well as basic formatting. For more information about formatting body content, see the Text Formatting in Drupal page.
- Course Image - An image that will be displayed next to the body on the Highlighted Course page. This image will also be used in the front page listing.
- Alternative Text - A short phrase or sentence describing the image.
- Course Link - A link to the course's homepage.
- Link Text - The text to be displayed as the link to the course homepage. If left blank, the text will simply default to the URL of the course homepage.
- Click the Preview button to see what your page will look like
- lick the Back to Content Editing button at the top of the page to come back to make changes or save your page.
- Click the Save button to save your changes