Endpoint Services, SCCM, Installing the SCCM client on endpoints
Installing SCCM client on managed endpoints
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Current Branch
University of Illinois IT Pros leveraging Technology Services Endpoint Service SCCM Current Branch
Using Client Push via the admin console is the easiest and least troublesome method in 2 steps:
- Place the primary site computer AD object name for your campus into the Administrators group on all endpoints via Group Policy (see the table below for the server list). You can also add a group to the endpoint's Administrators group which contains the above AD object as a member. SCCM will recursively look into subgroups to find the computer object for your campus listed above.
AD object name Hostname Campus SCCMUICPS1 SCCMUICPS1.ad.uillinois.edu Chicago UISSCCMCBPSDB1 UISSCCMCBPSDB1.ad.uillinois.edu Springfield SCCMUIUCPS1 SCCMUIUCPS1.ad.uillinois.edu Urbana-Champaign
- Initiate a Client Push to your endpoints via the admin console by following Microsoft's directions.
Microsoft has some articles on this:
- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712298.aspx covering client-push, group policy, and manual installation.
- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/deploy/plan/client-installation-methods covers multiple installation methods as well.
- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693546.aspx covers manual installation.