PIE, Redirection Plugin Deprecation
There are currently two redirection plugins available on publish.illinois.edu. To reduce duplication, we will be removing the "Redirection" plugin and supporting all redirection through the "Better Redirection" plugin. Continue reading to learn how to migrate from "Redirection" to "Better Redirection."
- Visit "Tools->Redirection" from your site Dashboard
- Make a list of the Redirections that are currently listed for your site
- Choose "Plugins" from your dashboard
- Find "Redirection" and click "Disable"
- Find "Better Redirection" and click "Enable"
- Visit "Settings->Redirection" from your dashboard
- To redirect your entire Publish site to a different url, enter the target URL in the Site Redirection section at the top
- To redirect specific pages, use the Virtual Folder Redirection section
- Enter the page to be redirected in the "Virtual Folder" column
- Enter the target in the "Redirection" column
- If the target is a different page inside your Publish site, start with "~/" and then the path to the page
- If the target is an external site or a different publish site, enter the full url to the target page
- Additional rows will be added automatically once your first redirection is added