CA Service Desk Manager - Setting Alternate Default Role
Analyst logs into Service Desk Manager and gets the default role every time they log in. Not able to switch to Analyst a different role and make it the new default.
- Log in to CA Service Desk Manager (SDM) at https://support.uillinois.edu
- Change Role in upper right corner to desired default role.
- Click Set Role button.
Analyst Role View Displays
- As Analyst, click View>>Preferences menu.
Preferences Window Displays
- Click Edit button.
- Uncheck Use Default Role. Unchecking the Use Default Role checkbox will allow you to set your own default role.
- Click Save button.
- Log out of Service Desk Manager. Logging out of SDM will set the new Default Role.
- Log back into Service Desk Manager.
Selected Role in Select Role dropdown (upper right corner) is now Default Role.