Networking, Wireless, Android 7.0, and eduroam
How do I manually configure my Android device for eduroam?
- To enable wireless connectivity (WiFi) on your Android device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and make sure Wi-Fi is ON. Then tap Wi-Fi>eduroam. A configuration window will open.
- Next to EAP method, select TTLS from the drop-down menu.
- Next to Phase 2 authentication, select PAP.
- In the Identity field, enter your NetID, followed by @illinois.edu. Adding "@illinois.edu" is necessary to set up the eduroam profile. In the Password field, enter your NetID Password. Leave the Anonymous identity field blank.
- Tap Connect. Your Android device should now be able to connect to the eduroam network. Open a Web site or use a Web-based application (e.g., email, Google Maps, or the Android Marketplace) to test your connection.
If you have an older device, try these instructions here