SSW - How to Remove Malware
- Simultaneously press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard. Type "msconfig" into the text field of the window that appears and press Enter. This will launch the system configuration tool.
- Switch to the "Boot" tab and check the "Safe boot" option. Press OK and agree to restart your computer once prompted.
- Once your computer has rebooted, launch Malwarebytes. Navigate to the "Scan" tab and start a Threat Scan. Expect this to take some time; let the scan run to completion.
- Upon finishing the scan, Malwarebytes may prompt you to restart your computer. Confirm the restart and proceed to step 7 after logging back into the computer.
- Launch SuperAntiSpyware. Click "Scan This Computer".
- Select "Complete Scan".
- Once it has run and any malware has been removed, repeat steps 1 - 4 and uncheck the "Safe boot" option to boot normally.