How can I import a course template to my new course site?
LTS has designed Blackboard course templates to help you organize your class based on recommended best practices for online learning and communication.
1. Choose either the Starter Course template or the Exemplary Course template by clicking on one of the links below:
- The Starter Course Template: a basic template complete with basic menus for the instructor to immediately insert content, or
- The Exemplary Course Template: an exemplary template based on best practices in instructional design.
- Please note: this template contains many placeholders and thus will need to be edited before making the course available to students.
2. Click the Download button to download the .zip file to your desired folder. Do not unpackage the file.
3. In your Blackboard course, go to Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Import Package/View Logs.
Once on the Import Package/View Logs page, click Import Package.
4. On the Import Package page, select Browse My Computer, and select the Course Template .zipfile.
5. While still on the Import Package page, click the Select All button.
Do not check any additional boxes that were not checked automatically.
6. Click Submit.
7. The yellow and green bars at the top of your Blackboard page confirm your submission. When the process has been completed you will receive a confirmation email.
8. If you reopen your Blackboard course, you will now see additional sections have been added to the left-hand navigation menu, including areas for a course overview, syllabus, course content, and course communication. You can now load your own content into these areas.