How to create an item in a Blackboard Content Area?
Items in a content area can be created by hovering the mouse over Build Content and clicking Item.
Original Course View:
- Change Edit Mode to ON and access a content area or folder of the desired course.
- On the action bar, point to Build Content and click Item.
- On the Create Item page, type a Name.
- Optionally, type instructions or a description in the Text box.
- Alternatively, in the Attachments section, click Browse My Computer to upload a file from your computer. The file is saved in Course Files or the Content Collection in the top-level folder. You can also upload a file from the course's storage repository by clicking Browse Content Collection.
- Select the Options: Click Yes to Permit Users to View this Content. Click Yes to Track Number of Views.
- Select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Display restrictions do not affect item availability, only when it appears.
- Click Submit.
Ultra Course View:
For information on how to add documents and other items in the Ultra view, please check out this link: https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Course_Content/Create_Content/Create_Course_Materials/Create_Content_Items_or_Documents#ultra-create-a-document_OTP-2