How to add my TAs in Blackboard
Adding TAs in Blackboard is a two-part process.
In order to add a Teaching Assistants to the course, you will first need to add the Teaching Assistants as a student and then you will have to change their role from student to teaching assistant. Follow the steps described below to guide you through the process.
To add TAs:
- Locate your course in the My Courses Plus section of the Blackboard homepage. Go into your course.
- Select Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users
- Once in the User screen. Click the "Find Users to Enroll" button. Note: the correct place to add users looks like a heading rather than a link. The right place is marked in red in the image below.
- Once you are in the Enroll Users screen, enter the username (UIC NetId) to be added and assign the role of student first.
- Click submit. The user will be added to the course as a student.
To change the role of user from Student to Teaching Assistant:
- In your course, select Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users
- Hover over the UIC NetId of the user whose role is to be changed. A chevron appears. Click on the chevron to open a drop down menu.
- Select the "Change Users's Role in Course" option from the drop down menu.
- In the "Change User's Role in Course" page that opens, select teaching assistant as the role and make the role available by selecting "Yes" for available.
- Click Submit. The user will now be a teaching assistant in the course.