How to create self-enrollment groups
Self-enrollment groups is one method for group membership
To create a self-enrollment group do the following:
- Create a content area tool link on the menu bar situated on the left hand side.
- Click on the link and in the page the opens select Tools, then click on Groups
- In the Create Link: Group page that opens, locate the "Create New Group or Group Set" option and from the drop down menu select "Self Enroll Group set". Click Go
- In the Create Self-Enrollment Group Set page that opens, fill out the Group Information and set Group is visible to students to "Sign-up Sheet Only".
- Set the Tool Availability information and the Sign-up options. Under sign-up options add the Maximum Number of Members and check the "Show Members" and "Allow students to sign-up from group listings page" options.
- Add the group set options, check the "Create smart view for each group in set" option and click Submit.
- You will now land on the Create Link: Group page. Select Link to a Group or Group Set and select the Group Set you created. Click Next.
- In the page that opens add the Link name and under "Options", set Available to Yes. Your sign up sheets will not be created for the groups.
NOTE: This information applies to the Original Course View only