Illinois Compass 2g, Configure your course to support Observers
In your course:
This document details 2 key changes necessary to allow Observer access to your course.
1. Configure overall Observer access to the course:
- on the left-hand menu, click:
- Guest and Observer Access
- Click the "Yes" radio button next to "Allow Observers"
- Click "Submit"
2. Configure Observer access to content:
- turn on "Edit Mode"
- in the upper-right hand corner of your course, if Edit Mode is "OFF":
- click "OFF"
- it should change to a green "ON"...if it's already "ON", there is no need to change it
- on the left-hand menu:
- hover the pointer next to your content areas and a downward-pointing arrow will appear
- click this arrow
- choose "Permit Observers"
- do this for ALL content areas, to which the observers require access
NOTE: Some content areas will NOT be able to be delegated (permitted) to Observers, and will not have the option to do so.