iClicker Classic Installer not working on macOS Sierra
When using iClicker Classic on a Mac computer, with macOS Sierra installed do not use the installer posted on http://accc.uic.edu/service/learning-environments/student-response-systems
iClicker has confirmed that there is a known issue with the iClicker installer for macOS Sierra. Follow these steps as a work around.
iClicker has confirmed that there is a known issue with the iClicker installer for macOS Sierra. In order for it to work correctly the following additional steps will need to be taken.
- Access iClicker.com/downloads and download the iClicker Classic software for Mac. The download of a .dmg file will begin.
- Once it has completed downloading, doubleclick the .dmg file to mount it. It will then look like a removable USB drive.
- Create a new folder on your Mac to house the iclicker software.
- Copy and paste the iclicker.app file from the .dmg location into your new folder.
- Doubleclick the iclicker.app application in your new folder ( NOT from within the .dmg location). This will run the software and populate your new folder with all requisite folders for Resources, Classes, etc.
- Download the LMS_Wizard.xml. Place it into the new folder that was created in step 3.