Google Apps @ Illinois, Calendar, Setting Public Visibility
NOTE: Due to a configuration error, some publicly visible calendars' permissions were restricted to Free/Busy status display only. The restriction on sharing all calendar information has been lifted and users can share all information publicly once again.
Can I make my Google Apps @ Illinois calendar available to the Public?
To make a Google Apps @ Illinois calendar publicly visible:
- On a computer, open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings (gear icon) and then Settings in the menu.
- Open the Calendars tab.
- Click the name of the calendar you want to share.
- Open the Share this Calendar tab.
- Check the box next to "Make this calendar public".
- If don't want other people to view the details of your events, select Share only my free/busy information (Hide details).
- Click Save.
If you are unable to change the settings list above for a Google Apps @ Illinois calendar, please verify you are logged in as your Google Apps @ Illinois account using your NetID@illinois.edu login. Google Apps @ Illinois calendars cannot be managed by accounts associated with other domains (such as @gmail.com).
For more information about Google Calendar sharing and embedding, please visit: https://support.google.com/calendar#topic=3417969