Email, Exchange, Outlook 2016 manual configuration with Office 365
If you download Outlook 2016 included with Office 365 (see FAQs for Microsoft Office 365 UIUC for more information), you will need to manually configure Outlook to connect to your Exchange email account. To do this:
To connect your Exchange account with Outlook 2016 included in Office 365 Click-to-Run, you must manually configure your account.
- At the initial Welcome to Outlook screen, do NOT immediately click Connect. Instead, select Advanced options.
- Under Advanced options, check the box for Let me set up my account manually, then click Connect.
- At the Choose account type screen, select Exchange.
- Allow Outlook to automatically configure your account
- At the Account setup is complete screen, make sure to Uncheck "Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone, too". See Document 55410 is unavailable at this time. for more information. Then click OK.
- The standard Outlook splash screen will appear and finalize setup before Outlook opens.